Detroit, MI 48235
NWAC Health Club
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sunday (MEMBERS ONLY)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Wednesdays 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Group Exercise Classes - Studio A & B
Swimming Classes - Pool
Youth & Adult Programs - Intel Computer Lab
Dance Programs - Dance Studio
Fitness Orientation - Health Club
Fitness Assessment - Health Club
Personal Training - Health Club
Northwest Community Programs, Inc.
Northwest Activities Center
Mon - Fri, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Self Defence
- Community time activities - Free activities
Ages 6 - 17
Also, the Northwest Activities Center is the home of a variety of organizations and
city departments such as:
Responsible for the overall planning and execution of all activities and business related
- City of Detroit Recreation Department - Executive Offices
to recreation and public parks for the city of Detroit.
- City of Detroit Senior's Department - Executive Offices
- Responsible for the overall planning and execution of programs, services and resources
related to the overall well being, and enhancement of life for the senior population of the
city of Detroit.
- City of Detroit Department of Human Services
- Provides information, assistance and resources to enhance the quality of life and well
being of the citizens of Detroit.
- Eastern Michigan University - Detroit Center
- A satellite campus of Eastern Michigan University. The EMU Detroit Center provides
counseling, classes and programming to students attending EMU.
- Attorney Carl L. Collins, III & Collins Reality (MOVED)
Southfield, MI 48075
- Orchards Children Services - Detroit Office
- A satellite office of the foster care/adoption organization. Provides information,
programming nd resources to foster parents/children and adoptive parents/children.
- A non profit, community organization providing information, programs and resources to
youth, young adults and families. Programs included educational tutoring, employment
counseling and preparation, public speaking training and etiquette training.
- A full service massage therapy clinic offering a variety of massage therapy techniques
and reflexlogy treatments.
- An after school program for youth ages 8 - 18 that provides professional software
training and computer skills to build confidence in the youth through the use of
- National Conference of Artist - Michigan Chapter
- Executive offices and gallery of the National Conference of Artist - Michigan Chapter.
The organization installs and maintains the publicity displayed art work in the lobby of
Northwest Activities Center. The gallery is open to the public and all art displayed is for
- A full service beauty salon offering hair styling, health and beauty products, manicures
- Hours by appointment.
- Through its Healthy Lifestyles Programs, JassyKat, Inc. offer a preventative, non-
traditional approach to healthy living for children ages 18 months to 12 years. With a
focus on physical and nutrition, JazzyKat provides a variety of customized and
specialized services with the goal of creating a greater quality of life for children and
- Quality Home Health Care - QHHC
- Quality Home Health Care works with physicians to reduce the necessity for
hospitalization or long-term care admissions. QHHC also works with hospitals and
nursing home discharge planners to ensure a smooth transition from the inpatient facility
to the patient's home. QHHC goal is to implement the physician's plan of care quickly
and seamlessly while providing the support services required to reduce recovery time.
- NWCP, Inc. Community Services Department
- The Northwest Community Services Department provides one-on-one client assistance
to senior citizens in response to the basic needs in the metro Detroit region.